Integration as Browser Search
Integration in Chrome
You can integrate the Implisense lookup as a search in Chrome. Then you can enter an Implisense lookup at the top of the address bar instead of a URL or Google search.
This is how you set up your lookup in Chrome:
- Open the settings window for Chrome.
- Scroll down until you reach the point “Search engine”; click on “Manage search engines”.
- Click on the “Add” button (for “Other search engines”).
- A window with three input fields will open. Make the following entries (without quotation marks):
- Enter a name in the field “Search engine”, e.g.
- Type an abbreviation under “Search abbreviation”, under which you want to activate the lookup in the address bar, e.g.
- Under “URL with %s instead of search query” enter the URL of the lookup:
- Click on “Save” and close the settings.
Try it now! Go to the address bar with the keyboard shortcut “Ctrl+L” and type in your request, e.g.
i Implisense. Press “Return” to start the search and display the desired company profile.
Integration in Firefox
In Firefox the integration works somewhat differently. Here only a search existing in a web page can be integrated. Therefore we offer this search in the top. For the integration proceed as follows:
- Click the right mouse button in the top search.
- A menu opens, select the item “Add a keyword for this search…”.
- A window with three input fields opens as in the case of chrome.
- Enter a name into the “name” field, e.g.
- Do not change the field “folder.
- Under “Keyword” enter the search abbreviation, e.g.
- Click the Save button.
Now you can try the search right away, just like with chrome!